-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
'F1 will not be bullied': Red Bull chief backs Saudi show going on
Red Bull team chief Christian Horner on Friday backed the decision to continue with the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix despite a rebel attack on a nearby oil depot, insisting: "F1 will not be bullied".
"The sport has to stand against this. No terrorism of this kind can be condoned. The sport must not be bullied in this way," said Horner.
Despite their many disagreements in last year's tense and dramatic world championship, Horner and Mercedes boss Toto Wolff were united that the show must go on.
"We had a good meeting and we -– the team principals –- are all agreed on this to go ahead. This circuit is probably the safest place in Saudi Arabia at this moment," said Wolff.
The two heavyweight team bosses of the paddock were speaking at the end of the day's practice sessions on the high-speed Jeddah street circuit.
The Yemeni rebel attack on the Aramco facility set off a huge fire near the track during the televised practice sessions, part of a wave of assaults on Aramco facilities.
As smoke billowed, the second practice was delayed as F1 management, team bosses, drivers and race promoters discussed the attack.
"We have received total assurance on safety and security here, for the country and for the families," said Formula One boss Stefano Domenicali.
"We have all put safety first to protect this area and the city where we are going."
He added: "This is a protected area and so we feel confident to trust the local authorities in this respect and we stand together in deciding to go ahead with this event."
Newly-elected Dubai-born president of the sport's ruling body, the International Motoring Federation (FIA), Mohammed Ben Sulayem said: "The question is who are these rebels targeting? It is the economic infrastructure not civilians and not this track. We have high level assurance that this is a secure place and nothing is going to happen."
Aramco is a sponsor of the Aston Martin team.
Meanwhile, Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko also supported the decision to continue.
"If safety is guaranteed, we must go ahead. The Saudis have a defence system and, for some reason, the drone (missile) wasn't intercepted. The rebels know they get a lot more publicity at a Grand Prix – that's part of the concept.
"You shouldn't let terrorism completely intimidate you in normal life. We should take a look now, and if security is guaranteed for the next two days, then we should go ahead."
M.Odermatt--BTB