- PSG scrape draw against Rennes with last-gasp Ramos penalty
- Haley soldiers on despite growing inevitability of Trump
- Beier brace sends Hoffenheim past disappointing Dortmund
- Belarus President Lukashenko to seek re-election next year
- Austrian extremist released after months held in Aghanistan
- Bob Marley's 'Love' prevails again in N.American theaters
- Galthie denies France in 'crisis' after Italy draw
- Van Dijk hails 'incredible' Liverpool kids after League Cup glory
- Zepp Health Unveils Zepp OS 3.5 with Zepp Flow™, Powered by Large Language Model AI, Pioneering the Next Generation of Wearable Intelligence Devices a...
- Liverpool win League Cup as Van Dijk strikes late to sink Chelsea
- Garbisi 'sorry' for penalty miss as Italy hold France in Six Nations
- Israel vows to push into Gaza's far-south as truce talks underway
- Garbisi penalty agony as Italy stun France with Six Nations draw
- Ukraine needs Western aid to win war after setbacks: Zelensky
- Top trends to watch from Milan Fashion Week
- Honduras footballer Elis remains in coma after head injury
- Israel threatens Eurovision pull-out if entry vetoed
- Last-gasp Rugani saves Juve, Napoli held at death by Cagliari
- Minamino strikes late to send Monaco third in Ligue 1
- Infinix Electrifies the Future of Mobile Gaming at MWC 2024
- Minimako strikes late to send Monaco third in Ligue 1
- Sheffield United players square off in defeat at Wolves
- IMF says Argentine austerity should not hurt the poor
- Honduras striker Elis remains in coma after serious head injury
- Last-gasp Rugani saves Juve against Frosinone
- Belgian Van Eetvelt hits the heights to claim UAE Tour
- HONOR Debuts a New AI-empowered All-scenario Strategy at MWC 2024
- Honduras striker Elis in hospital after serious head injury
- Ukraine says half of Western arms delivered late
- UNPLUG AND PLAY: BARBIE™ FLIP PHONE, THIS SUMMER'S HOTTEST ACCESSORY
- Ashwin bags five as India chase 192 in England Test
- Scotland boss Townsend wary of 'not proven' hi-tech mouthguards
- 'Make Argentina great again': Milei echoes Trump on US visit
- Hunger grips north of war-torn Gaza amid ongoing truce talks
- Philippine protesters say 'never again' on anniversary of anti-Marcos uprising
- Tavatanakit holds off charging Valenzuela to win LPGA Thailand
- India spinners strike but Crawley helps England extend lead past 150
- Who's who in Portugal's elections
- Portugal electoral campaign begins with right looking to gain
- Israel discusses next steps in truce talks as Gaza desperation deepens
- Thompson downs Ruud to win maiden ATP crown
- Celtics stretch NBA win streak to eight games, T-Wolves win
- Biden or Trump, hawkish economic approach on China to intensify
- US-China economic flashpoints at a glance
- Last gasp Dupont try sends France into Canada 7s semis
- 'Oppenheimer' wins top SAG prize as actors hail strike success
- Ukraine vs. US border at annual conservatives gathering
- Lloris and LAFC off to winning start to new MLS season
- Economy another victim of war in impoverished Sudan
- Taiwan marks Lunar New Year end by lobbing firecrackers at fortune god
Trump to be deposed in New York civil probe
Donald Trump looks set to be deposed Wednesday in New York as part of the state attorney general's civil probe into alleged fraud at his family business, the ex-president said on his social media network.
"In New York City tonight," Trump posted on his Truth Social just after midnight.
"Seeing racist N.Y.S. Attorney General tomorrow, for a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. history!" he added. "My great company, and myself, are being attacked from all sides. Banana Republic!"
New York Attorney General Letitia James suspects the Trump Organization fraudulently overstated the value of real estate properties when applying for bank loans, while understating them with the tax authorities in order to pay less in taxes.
Trump and his eldest children, Donald Jr and Ivanka, had been due to start testifying under oath in July but the depositions were postponed due to the death of the former president's first wife.
The Trumps have denied any wrongdoing, and the former Republican leader has charged that the probe is politically motivated.
If James, an African-American Democrat, finds any evidence of financial misconduct, she can sue the Trump Organization for damages but can not file criminal charges, as it is a civil investigation.
James's probe is one of several legal battles in which Trump is embroiled, threatening to complicate any bid for another run for the White House in 2024.
The deposition comes on the heels of a Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Trump's Florida residence in an escalation of legal probes into the 45th president that has set off a political firestorm.
The FBI declined to provide a reason for the raid, but US media outlets said agents were conducting a court-authorized search related to the potential mishandling of classified documents that had been sent to Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House in January 2021.