- 'Terrorist plot' probe after deadly Paris stabbing
- At COP28, Al Gore takes aim at host UAE's emissions
- Israel bombs Gaza as pressure mounts to protect civilians
- As Dubai hosts climate talks, its air pollution soars
- Ukrainians strive to force IPC into Russia Paralympics U-turn
- Niemann and Buhai taste victory in tense Australia Open finale
- LIV Golf's Niemann wins Australian Open on second playoff hole
- Normative study reveals data blindspot: scope 3 emissions missed by 72% of businesses
- Japanese football great Shinji 'Genius' Ono retires at 44
- Feeling stressed? Cuddle a cow, says UK dairy farm
- South Africa's Buhai hangs on to defend women's Australian Open crown
- George lifts Clippers over Warriors, late surge can't save Mavs
- East African regional force begins withdrawal from DRC
- New Energy Blue launches farmer-owned business to supply clean, sustainable feedstock for its biomass refineries
- Columbus comeback earns MLS Cup final clash with LAFC
- Media Tour Witnesses Chinese Modernization in Hainan FTP
- Maghreb farmers embrace drones to fight climate change
- George lifts Clippers over Warriors, Giannis triple-double fuels Bucks
- 'Ink me up': Iran tattoo artists aim to leave mark
- Israel strikes Gaza as pressure mounts to protect civilians
- Columbus reach MLS Cup final with comeback win over Cincinnati
- German tourist stabbed to death in Paris 'terror' attack
- Haughey wins 100m free in US Open meet record
- Venezuela to hold referendum over Essequibo land dispute with Guyana
- George lifts Clippers to NBA victory over Warriors
- Attacker stabs German tourist to death in Paris
- Australia keep faith with Warner for first Pakistan Test
- SK E&S, strengthening 'Low-Carbon Hydrogen Partnership' at COP28... accelerating global carbon neutrality
- Nice lose unbeaten record as Lens inflict more pain on Lyon
- Taofifenua late try returns beaten Racing to Top 14 summit
- Rodman shines in new-look USA win over China
- Scheffler builds three-shot World Challenge lead, mixed day for Woods
- Newcastle inflict more misery on Man Utd, Arsenal extend Premier League lead
- Rodrygo helps Real Madrid keep pace with Girona in Liga title race
- Newcastle too good for Man Utd despite mounting injury crisis
- Milan beat Frosinone to close gap on leaders Juve
- US Commerce chief warns against China 'threat'
- Guinea-Bissau president calls deadly violence 'attempted coup'
- Masdar to Develop 150MWac Solar Plant in Angola to Power 90,000 Homes and Boost Just Energy Transition
- England ready to handle expectations at Euro 2024, says Southgate
- US defense chief says Israel must shield civilians to win in Gaza
- Peru boosts Machu Picchu access up to 5,600 visitors a day
- Guirassy scores again as Stuttgart beat Bremen
- Rodrygo strikes again as Madrid catch Girona with Granada win
- Italy and Spain to meet in Euro 2024 group stage, England handed kind draw
- Lens inflict more pain on managerless Lyon
- 'Not a group of death': Struggling Germany welcome Euro 2024 draw
- Italy and Spain drawn together in Euro 2024 group stage
- Guinea-Bissau army calls National Guard back to barracks after violence
- Girona 'making history', go top with superb Valencia comeback
'I feel like a joke': Who said what at the Beijing Olympics
The Beijing Olympics close on Sunday, bringing the curtain down on over two weeks of sporting -- and other -- drama.
Here are some of the best quotes from the last few days:
"Why did you let it go? Why did you let it go? Tell me."
-- Kamila Valieva's coach Eteri Tutberidze after the Russian teenager fell multiple times in the figure skating final.
"It was chilling to see this."
-- International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach on Tutberidze's reaction.
"Right now, I just feel like a joke."
-- US star skier Mikaela Shiffrin after her third crash of the Games.
"I had a glass of wine before the super-G."
-- Switzerland's Michelle Gisin on the secret to winning gold.
"From zero to 10, my physical condition is about a five."
-- Italy's Sofia Goggia on winning silver in the downhill three weeks after a horror crash.
"It has changed my life forever."
-- China's 18-year-old Eileen Gu on a debut Olympics in which she won three medals.
"The most important thing is all about love. Snowboarding is not just about competition."
-- Chinese teenager Su Yiming after winning snowboard Big Air gold.
"A halfpipe is a skier's canvas... It's our art form."
-- New Zealand's Nico Porteous after winning freeski gold.
"Sometimes it doesn't feel like their heart's in the right place, it feels like it's a greed game."
-- British freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy criticises the International Olympic Committee.
"I only know attack mode."
-- US bobsledder Elana Meyers Taylor, who won silver and bronze.
"Apparently the whole town is in the pub and they’ll be cheering pretty loud."
-- Australian bobsledder Kiara Reddingius on how her small hometown is supporting her.
"I was lucky not to land on my head and maybe got a little cushion from the camera guy."
-- Finnish freeskier Jon Sallinen after crashing into a cameraman by the halfpipe.
"We say that Nordic combined is the game of the maniac."
-- Dual bronze medallist Akito Watabe.
"We just finished our second puzzle today. Both of them were pizza cats -- cats in space with pizza."
-- Canada's Cynthia Appiah on amusing herself in the confines of Covid restrictions.
"It was really a lot of draining days, mentally especially. I don't wish it on anyone."
-- German figure skater Nolan Seegert on being in isolation after testing positive for Covid.
"Game-time mode, baby. Turn the beast on."
-- US freestyle skier Aaron Blunck psyches himself up in the halfpipe.
"It's kind of like in a shark tank."
-- Skier Joana Haehlen on the fight for one of Switzerland's three spots in women's downhill.
"I thought it was an absolutely ridiculous decision."
-- British cross-country skier Andrew Musgrave after his race was shortened by 20km because of strong winds.