- Sinch appoints Executive Vice President APAC
- PhonePe Unveils Indus Appstore: A Game-Changer in India's Digital Journey
- Valvoline™ Global Operations launches 5th annual Mechanics Month campaign
- Stock markets diverge before Nvidia results, Fed minutes
- New digital maturity framework launched by BSI to help ensure public services are inclusive, accessible and efficient
- Porn for 'spiritual growth': nuns detail abuse by renowed priest
- Von der Leyen wants new defence tsar in second EU term
- Abu Dhabi and Shenzhen sign innovative Twin City Agreement in boost to UAE-China bilateral ties
- Thomas says fast start key for Wales against Six Nations leaders Ireland
- LUCARA UNVEILS DIAMOND RECOVERIES FROM ITS KAROWE MINE
- Generative AI Contracting Copilots Drive Icertis Above $250 Million in Annual Recurring Revenue
- Caseware Welcomes Danielle Supkis Cheek as Vice President, Head of Analytics and AI
- Analytic Partners Achieves ISO 27001 Certification for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Zdeněk Sobotka's SOLEK successful in the second Greece Storage auction
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia unveils Zarqa Al Yamama - the inaugural Arabic Grand Opera
- England's Earl ready for Scotland 'curve balls' in Six Nations
- UK sanctions six officials at Russian prison where Navalny died
- UK Insurer BHSF Selects Sapiens SaaS Platform for Digital Transformation and Enhanced Customer Experiences
- Two dead, two hurt, in Dutch bridge collapse: officials
- Britain's Westminster Abbey says to return religious tablet to Ethiopia
- MWC 2024 | What Is the Way out for Telco Video Services As IPTV Is Becoming a Past?
- Nasuni Launches Nasuni IQ to Unlock Data Silos for AI Services
- Aon and NFP issue joint statement about the expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Act waiting period for proposed acquisition agreement
- NEOM announces Elanan, a unique wellness retreat embedded in nature
- Neville Ray, Former T-Mobile President of Technology, Joins Paradise Mobile as Advisor
- Germany cuts 2024 growth forecast as economic woes pile up
- Food watchdog lodges complaint over Nestle mineral water 'fraud'
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals Appoints Philip Johnson as Chief Financial Officer
- US urges UN court not to order Israel out of Palestinian lands
- Unisys Corporation - Unisys Announces 4Q and Full-Year 2023 Results
- Trip.com and Mastercard Launch Exclusive Flight Discount Offer in the UK
- HFCL to Expand Presence in Europe with setting up of Optical Fiber Cable Plant in Poland to capitalize growing demand of OFC in Europe
- QC Ware Announces 2nd Q2B Paris Conference, Focusing on the Roadmap to Quantum Value in Europe
- Lawyers for US urge UK court to reject Assange appeal bid
- Hunger grips war-torn Gaza as truce talks resume in Cairo
- Stellar Asset Management Ltd - Form 8.3 - Property Frnachise Group (The) Plc
- Amid torrid spell, Bayern say Tuchel to leave at end of season
- Automechanika and Frost & Sullivan Forge New Partnership for Global Impact
- ORVANA'S SUBSIDIARY PROVIDES NOTICE OF ITS PROPOSED BONDS OFFERING IN BOLIVIA
- Afghan Taliban official says taking pictures 'a major sin'
- David, Marsh propel Australia to thrilling T20 win over New Zealand
- Amid torrid spell, Bayern says Tuchel to leave at end of season
- France seeks to placate farmers as protests flare up again
- England back underfire Root, Bairstow to keep India series alive
- Arcade1Up X Oreo is the most delicious pairing yet
- 'Definitely a chance' Stokes will bowl in fourth India Test: Pope
- World Champion and Olympic Medalist Marion Clignet, Technological Co-Founder of Jelenew Launches "Sprinters Jersey Lab"
- Volpara to Highlight Growing AI Suite for Mammography at ECR 2024, Including New Lunit Distribution Agreement
- SQM LITHIUM VENTURES COMPLETES ALTILIUM'S USD 12M SERIES A FUNDING THROUGH FOLLOW-ON INVESTMENT
- China issues highest weather alert as temperatures plunge
Guirassy scores again as Stuttgart beat Bremen
Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy continued his remarkable Bundesliga scoring form this season, scoring a second-half penalty in a 2-0 home win over Werder Bremen on Saturday.
Guirassy, making his first start since mid-October after injury, was brought down in the box by Bremen defender Niklas Stark.
The striker chipped his spot-kick down the middle to chalk up his 16th goal of the season in just 11 games.
Brighton loanee Deniz Undav had given Stuttgart the lead after 17 minutes, tapping in from close range for his eighth goal in his past eight games.
Stuttgart needed to win a two-legged relegation playoff to stay in the top division last season but now sit third after 13 matches, two points behind second-placed Bayern Munich.
- Leipzig win at home -
Leipzig won 2-1 over promoted Heidenheim, goals from Lois Openda and Yussuf Poulsen sending the home side past Borussia Dortmund to fourth in the table.
Leipzig took the lead from the penalty spot, Openda winning and converting for his 10th goal in 13 league matches this season.
Poulsen doubled up for the hosts shortly before half-time taking advantage after wing-back David Raum beat two defenders.
"In the first half we were like a rabbit in front of a snake," admitted Heidenheim manager Frank Schmidt.
His side hit back immediately after, Benedikt Gimber steering in through a crowded penalty area after a corner.
The goal would have raised some bad memories for the home side, who gave away a two-goal lead to lose 3-2 at European champions Manchester City in midweek.
But Marco Rose's side dug deep against the energetic promoted side, securing a fifth home win of the season.
"We had so many chances to score, we should have killed the game earlier today," said Poulsen.
Borussia Moenchengladbach needed a late winner to beat Hoffenheim 2-1 at home, left-back Luca Netz setting up Nathan Ngoumou for the winner with 10 minutes remaining.
Brought down in the box by former Liverpool centre-back Ozan Kabak midway through the second half, Gladbach's Alassane Plea converted a penalty to give the home side the lead.
The visitors equalised just 90 seconds later however, with one-time Manchester United striker Wout Weghorst heading in from close range.
Elsewhere, Bochum won just their second match of the season, beating a disappointing Wolfsburg 3-1 at home to open a welcome gap from the relegation places.
Bochum ran out to a two-goal lead thanks to goals from Patrick Osterhage and Bernardo, but Wolfsburg pulled a goal back later in the first half through Mattias Svanberg.
Christopher Antwi-Adjei scored the winner with three minutes remaining, continuing Wolfsburg's horrid away form, with just one win from seven games.
"Our away form this season has been a catastrophe," said Wolfsburg midfielder Yannick Gerhardt. "I'm sorry for the fans who travelled to see it".
Bayern's home game against Union Berlin was postponed earlier Saturday due to heavy snowfall in the Bavarian capital.
Bayer Leverkusen can go five clear atop the table with a win at home against Dortmund on Sunday.