- INAUGURAL ALULA FUTURE CULTURE SUMMIT CELEBRATES INNOVATIVE IDEAS, ARTISTIC ENDEAVOURS, AND INCLUSIVE CULTURE WITH A GLOBAL AUDIENCE
- Tobii Dynavox revises financial targets
- AAOIFI accords Azentio Software's iMAL latest version with compliance certification for 2024
- Zoomlion Kicks Off 2024 by Dispatching Equipment Worth Over RMB 1.2 Billion to Global Destinations
- Major Australian Defense Program Selects Systecon´s Opus Evo to Deliver Tactical Optimization
- Photocure ASA: Results for the fourth quarter of 2023
- SciBase: Year-end report
- Green Hydrogen Industry Leader Denis Krude Appointed President & CEO of Hydrogen Optimized
- Calliditas Year-end report, January - December 2023
- LG REVEALS NEW SIGNATURE KITCHEN SUITE TRANSITIONAL SERIES AT KBIS 2024
- Milan Fashion Week fires up catwalks despite cautious outlook
- HSBC reports 'record profit' of $30.3 bn in 2023
- Indian farmers resume Delhi protest push after talks fail
- NX Morocco Free Zone Acquires Environmental, and Occupational Health/Safety Management System Certifications
- China stocks jump after rate cut as markets await US tech earnings
- 'You can't imagine the damage': Dam threatens historic Laos town
- England back under-fire Root, Bairstow to keep India series alive
- Japan women's captain condemns Asian football chiefs over venue switch
- FBI informant got false dirt on Bidens from Russia intel: prosecutors
- Orion Innovation Partners with Africa and Gulf Bank to Provide Innovative Digital-First Financial Products and Services
- Mobileum selected as a Technology Platform for NTT Communications' Global Connected Car Project
- Operations cancelled as South Korea doctors' strike grows
- Beijing crushing Tibetans, exiled political leader says
- Russia vs the West: Is Putin winning?
- Breakdancing out for Crusaders' Penney in pursuit of Super Rugby glory
- Ukrainian troops' angry push for new recruits
- German economy buffeted by 'perfect storm'
- Asian stocks lower after Wall Street losses
- Son apologises for bust-up with South Korea team-mate Lee
- Rampant water pollution threatens Iraq's shrinking rivers
- Pakistan parties reach power-sharing agreement, Khan loyalists left out
- Trump compares own legal troubles with Navalny persecution
- Youth appetite for gold rises as Chinese economy loses lustre
- October 7 evidence pieced together in Israel, one terabyte at a time
- Ankle injury forces Alcaraz out in first round of ATP Rio Open
- Paris 2024: a 'new era' of corruption-free Olympics?
- Gaza, Ukraine loom large as G20 foreign ministers meet
- What to know about the NASA-funded commercial Moon fleet
- Commercial spaceship set for lunar touchdown, in test for US industry
- Trial to start for 'Rust' armorer over deadly on-set shooting
- Moscow court upholds detention of US journalist, Russia bans broadcaster
- 10T Tech Introduces My10T Smart Orchestration: Revolutionizing eSIM Management to elevate the digital subscriber experience for Mobile Carriers
- Blinken arrives in Brazil after Lula's Israel denunciation
- Eleven Ukraine children returned from Russia
- Pakistan dynastic parties reach power-sharing agreement
- Arteta says Arsenal 'dreaming' of Champions League win at Wembley
- PSV rue chances as old boy Malen earns Champions League draw for Dortmund
- Inzaghi ready to rely on redeemed match-winner Arnautovic
- Haaland 'shuts mouths' as Man City close on Liverpool
- X-trodes Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Wearable "Skin" Solution that Brings Medical-Grade Electrophysiological Monitoring to the Home
Gatti strikes again to send Juventus top
Defender Federico Gatti grabbed his second goal in as many matches as Juventus saw out a 1-0 home win against champions Napoli on Friday to go top of Serie A.
The centre-back rose highest shortly after the break to nod in the only goal of closely contested match between two of Italy's footballing powerhouses.
Victory in Turin sends Juventus to top spot in the table, although Inter Milan will have the chance to restore their two-point lead when they host Udinese on Saturday.
Fifth-placed Napoli had the better of the opening exchanges and looked the more likely side to break the deadlock in the first half.
Matteo Politano fizzed one just past the Juve goal early on and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia had the best early chance just before the half-hour mark.
Excellent hold-up play by Victor Osimhen sucked in the hosts' defence before he squared to his Georgian teammate, who uncharacteristically snatched at the chance and ballooned it over the bar.
Then, 11 minutes later Giovanni Di Lorenzo looked certain to open the scoring after a defensive mix-up, but Wojciech Szczesny flew off his line to make a fine one-handed save to keep things level.
The home team started the second half strongly and Dusan Vlahovic rattled the post on 49 minutes, following good play by Manuel Locatelli and Weston McKennie.
Two minutes later, Andrea Cambiaso collected a Napoli clearance and swung the ball into the box and onto the head of Gatti, whose towering header at the back post was enough to separate the sides.
It was the 25-year-old's second consecutive winning goal for Juventus, after his 94th-minute strike at Monza last Friday.
Szczesny nearly turned villain when his miskick was headed back to Osimhen who stole in ahead of the 'keeper before rolling the ball into an empty net, only to be denied by the linesman's flag with 20 minutes remaining.
Despite Napoli pressure at the end, the Old Lady held on comfortably and Gatti's third goal of the season, the most of any Serie A defender this term, remained the difference.