- WTO talks enter final day with no clear sign of progress
- Israeli assault on Rafah would flout international court: UN rights chief
- Van Gogh Museum showcases kindred Canadian-Chinese artist Wong
- Actor Godreche denounces sexual violence in landmark French parliament hearing
- Ninety One UK Ltd - Form 8 (OPD) - Direct Line Insurance Group Plc
- Liverpool announce £9 mn loss for 2022/23 season
- Volt Joins Linebreak to Help Companies Maximize Edge Data Value
- Ailing Eiffel Tower dragged into power play for Paris city hall
- Norges Bank - Form 8.3 - Direct Line Insurance Group plc
- Leverkusen 'calm and optimistic' Alonso will stay
- MAG WELCOMES MAIN CONTRACTORS TO BID FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KETURAH RESERVE
- Putin warns West of nuclear war risk
- Heavy security in Chad capital after attack on intelligence HQ
- EU consumers challenge Meta paid service as privacy 'smokescreen'
- Healthy Innovation Conference explores the future of the sustainable food industry
- Lesaffre inaugurates a yeast plant in Indonesia, strengthening its presence in Asia Pacific
- World No1 Vu lies stroke behind surprise Singapore LPGA leader
- atNorth Announce Camilla O'Leary as Sales Director for Denmark and the DACH region as Expansion Strategy Continues
- SlotsCalendar Unveils Exciting Transformation into a Social Casino - Play, Compete, and Win!
- YOFC Unveils Cutting-edge Innovations at 2024 MWC Barcelona
- Baseball superstar Ohtani reveals he is 'now married'
- Vantage Markets Clinches Coveted Global "Best CFD Broker" Award for 2024
- Vantage UK receives "Best CFD Broker, Global" Award for 2024
- Paddle bolsters leadership team with new CPO, CFO and VP of People ahead of the next stage of global expansion
- HIKMICRO Unveils its 'Explore Daytime Hunting in a New Way' Vision at IWA 2024
- ATFX appoints FX pioneer Drew Niv as Chief Strategy Officer
- Neweast and Isuzu Launch Groundbreaking Partnership in KSA
- China's thriving outbound tourism contributes to global economic recovery
- Happiest Minds partners with Secureworks to deliver next-gen XDR Services
- Appian Partners with Symphony to Enable Compliant Financial Communications and Process Automation
- Bionical Solutions Appoints Chief Technology Officer to Create Innovative Data Products and Software for the Digital Business
- Baseball superstar Shohei Ohtani reveals he is 'now married'
- AliExpress Marks Choice Anniversary with Deals and New Ambassadors
- BioInnovation Institute welcomes twelve new companies to its Venture Lab program
- Zendure Unveils an All-in-One Energy Solution AIO 2400 for a Sustainable Future
- WISCO, China Unicom and ZTE recognized as "Best Mobile Innovation for Connected Economy" at the GLOMO Awards 2024
- CloudRAN.AI Launches at MWC 2024, Revolutionizing Private 5G for Industrial Transformation
- Mast Energy Developments PLC share price soars 35% after securing a funding agreement with RiverFort Global Opportunities PCC Limited for a facility o...
- Asia's richest man launches lavish pre-wedding party in India
- Zuckerberg, S. Korea's President Yoon talk AI cooperation
- Asian markets rise ahead of US inflation data
- Swiss to vote on retirement age, pensions
- Aptoide enables Mir Card payments for Russian users
- ANICAV advocate the importance of legumes in the Australian diet as the days get colder
- Rare Disease Day 2024 - Call for greater awareness of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy and cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy - special film launched
- Karelian Diamond Resources Plc - Half-yearly results for the six months ended 30 November 2023
- Mid Wynd International Investment Trust Plc - Half-year Report
- Sygnum Bank, Hamilton Lane and Apex Group Expand Access to Private Markets via DLT-Registered Shares in USD 3.8bn Fund
- Conroy Gold & Natural Resources Plc - Half-yearly results for the six months ended 30 November 2023
- KR1 Plc - Unaudited Net Asset Value Update (January 2024)
England's World Cup hopefuls must fight for places: Southgate
England manager Gareth Southgate insists nobody can take their place in his World Cup squad for granted.
Southgate's side stepped up their preparations for the World Cup with a 3-0 win against Ivory Coast in Tuesday's friendly at Wembley.
He made 10 changes from Saturday's friendly victory over Switzerland to take a closer look at some of the fringe players hoping to secure a seat on the plane to Qatar in November.
Ollie Watkins and Tyrone Mings, both far from certain to make the World Cup squad, boosted their cases with goals against Ivory Coast.
Watkins could serve as an understudy to Harry Kane up front, while Mings is a candidate for central defensive cover.
Southgate expects the intense competition for places to fuel the desire of those seeking to make his final squad.
"They can all get on with it and fight it out amongst themselves and we'll pick the ones that are playing at the best level and who can do the job," Southgate said.
"We're in a fortunate position that we do have good players. You can motivate players as a manager, but there's no higher motivation than two more on the bench that can come and take your place.
"That's how the big clubs work and we're starting to get that competition in most positions on the field.
"We're always open minded, we're always assessing, we're watching them every week, we see the positive qualities and we see the little bits that, 'OK, how can we improve that a little bit?'.
"Without a doubt, none of the players in the squad can sit and think they're in the 23, 26 or in the 11. They've all got to keep playing well and keep pushing each other."
England will discover their World Cup group stage opponents on Friday when the draw is made in Doha.
Southgate guided England to the World Cup semi-finals four years ago in Russia and then suffered a penalty shoot-out defeat against Italy in the European Championship final last year.
He acknowledges those recent near misses have raised expectations.
"It's a tournament that we all watched as kids, we all filled our wallcharts out, we all hoped and followed when England were there that we would do well," Southgate said.
"And it's a unique chance to make history, so that of course is massively exciting."