-
The Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists convicted in national security trial
-
Australia's Hussey mulls role with England for Ashes series
-
Eel-powered Japan whizz-kid, 11, chases Asian Games history
-
Indian captain 'scapegoat' in Britain's Russia shadow fleet case, wife says
-
Asian markets extend rally as traders assess US Treasuries pledge
-
Rosenior seeks to match Paris FC's capital ambition as Ligue 1 returns
-
Barcelona enter new era as Flick targets La Liga hat-trick
-
Inter set for Serie A title defence as Milan get Amorim reboot
-
Pogacar favourite for Vuelta with Grand Tour treble in sight
-
'Greatest' Springboks face All Blacks in clash of juggernauts
-
Bangladesh coach Simmons wary of Australia backlash in second Test
-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
Salah trains in Liverpool as Saudis plan winter transfer move
Mohamed Salah reported for Liverpool training on Tuesday as doubts grow about the star's future at the Premier League champions with Saudi clubs intent on making a move for the striker in the winter transfer window.
The 33-year-old Egypt forward was left out of Liverpool's squad for their Champions League tie at Inter Milan on Tuesday following his extraordinary public criticism of Reds manager Arne Slot after he was left on the bench for the third consecutive game.
Salah said after the 3-3 draw with Leeds on Sunday that he felt like he had been "thrown under the bus" by Liverpool and no longer had a relationship with Slot, sparking reports that Liverpool's third-highest goalscorer in history could be on his way out of Anfield in January despite signing a lucrative new contract in April.
He posted a picture of himself training alone in Liverpool's weights room on Tuesday.
Salah's outburst has piqued interest in Saudi Arabia with a source at the kingdom's Public Investment Fund (PIF) telling AFP it will do "whatever it can" to buy him.
"We follow Salah's position thoroughly and believe there can be a move either by loan or buying his contract," the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Asked at a pre-match press conference in Milan on Monday whether Salah, who has scored 250 times for Liverpool since signing from Roma in 2017, had played his last game for the Reds, Slot replied: "I have no clue."
"He has every right to feel what he feels, but he doesn't have the right to share it with the media," Slot added.
The Saudi source told AFP there were "no direct negotiations or talks with the club at the moment but there will be a move at the right moment".
The PIF source said the Gulf monarchy wanted to sign the Egyptian winger in January to join stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo in the Saudi Pro League.
PIF holds a 75 percent share in Al-Hilal, Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli and Al-Ittihad, but the source said it was not alone in wanting the Arab world's biggest football star.
"There is a competition inside the Saudi league who will bring Salah," the source said, adding that the Al Qadsiah club backed by Saudi Arabia's state-owned oil and gas company Aramco was also keen.
Ronaldo plays for Al-Nassr, Salah's former Liverpool team-mate Darwin Nunez is at Al-Hillal, another former Premier League player of the season N'Golo Kante is at Al-Ittihad, but Salah is the biggest star from an Arab country along with Paris Saint-Germain's Moroccan defender Achraf Hakimi.
Salah, who was not even used as a substitute at Elland Road, is set to depart for the Africa Cup of Nations after next weekend's home Premier League match against Brighton.
He said he was "very, very disappointed" to have again been named among the substitutes at Leeds, adding: "I got a lot of promises in the summer and so far I am on the bench for three games so I can't say they keep the promise.
"I said many times before that, I had a good relationship with the manager and all of a sudden we don't have any relationship.
- 'Massive impact on Saudi League' -
"I don't know why but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club."
Salah made his explosive comments in the midst of a dismal season for both him and Liverpool.
He has played a key role in Liverpool's two Premier League titles and one Champions League triumph during his iconic spell on Merseyside.
But he has been a shadow of his former self during Liverpool's struggles this season -- the title-holders are 10th in the Premier League -- with just four goals in 13 top-flight appearances.
"All players have their ups and downs. Salah is just 33 and has a lot to do here," insisted the PIF source.
"Salah is a beloved footballer around the globe and will have a massive impact on the Saudi League both on and off the pitch."
Y.Bouchard--BTB