-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
Man City close to Guehi signing: Palace boss Glasner
Manchester City are in the "final stages" of completing a deal for England defender Marc Guehi, Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner said on Friday.
City have stepped up their pursuit of Guehi, who came close to joining Liverpool on transfer deadline day in September, after suffering an acute injury crisis at centre-half.
Guehi would become City's second signing of the January transfer window after their capture of winger Antoine Semenyo from Bournemouth last week for about £65 million ($87 million).
The 25-year-old captained Palace to FA Cup success in May against City -- the first major trophy in the south London club's history -- and has won 26 England caps.
Other clubs reportedly interested in the defender, including Liverpool once again and Bayern Munich, were understood to be targeting a move at the end of the season, when Guehi was due to be a free agent.
"Latest understanding, the deal with Marc is in the final stages," Glasner said on the eve of Palace's match at Premier League rivals Sunderland.
"We can't confirm, but it is not done. The result is Marc doesn't play tomorrow for us."
The Palace boss added: "When the players want to move on, a deal will happen. It looks like it has happened now.
"Everyone wanted Marc to stay forever. I talked to him, of course, it stays between us. Marc showed it in the summer transfer window, showed it the whole autumn that he was 100 percent committed to the team and to Crystal Palace.
"I wish him all the best for the rest of his career. He is still at the beginning of his great career. He is a fantastic guy."
City manager Pep Guardiola stressed he had "nothing to say" about the potential transfer at his own press conference ahead of his side's match at Manchester United.
The club are currently without senior centre-backs John Stones, Ruben Dias and Josko Gvardiol due to injury, while Nathan Ake has struggled to play more than once a week due to fitness issues.
Guardiola, whose team are second in the Premier League, six points behind Arsenal, said the club were "in a difficult situation for not one game but a long, long period", adding: "Ruben will be back soon. Josko, no. John, hopefully we'll see."
Glasner also said Friday he would leave Palace when his contract expired at the end of the season.
G.Schulte--BTB