-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
-
Sabalenka squeezes out win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Is this cave in Turkey where Homer wrote 'The Odyssey'?
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea hours before start
-
Winning back walls from gangs, artists fill El Salvador's towns with color
-
Jason Arday: UK academic who died amid plagiarism storm
-
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
-
Sabbath cafe clash lays bare Israel faultlines
-
As machinery removes rubble, hopes for survivors from Colombian quake dwindle
-
Top-ranked Scheffler powers to PGA St. Jude Championship victory
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea
-
Jacquet scores on Liverpool debut in friendly win over Como
-
Zambia's Hichilema takes early lead in reelection bid
-
Hawaii's Big Island begins recovery efforts as Hurricane Lala downgrades, moves west
-
Sabalenka squeezes out a win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Spidey swings high for third weekend in N. American box office
-
Duplantis dominant, Hunt hits four and Asher-Smith makes history
-
Eagle and late birdie lift Jeeno to LPGA Portland Classic win
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire
-
Duplantis masterclass for fourth Euro pole vault title
-
PSG beaten by Lens in French Champions' Trophy
-
Records for Asher-Smith, Hunt as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round
-
Barcelona reach deal with Man City to sign Rodri
-
Amy Hunt bags fourth Euro gold as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Misery for Maresca as Man City make dismal start to life after Guardiola
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire: regional leader
-
Strikes kill 19 in Russia and Ukraine
-
Belgium's Pocognoli appointed new Scotland manager
-
Lula and Bolsonaro court women voters as Brazil election campaign kicks off
-
Marchand storms to second gold of European championships
-
Belgium races to tame huge wildfire creeping towards Germany
-
Kushner meets with Hamas in push to revive Gaza plan
-
Two dead, hundreds evacuated from fires on island near Athens
-
Villarreal battle back to earn draw at promoted Racing
-
Real Madrid crush Schalke in friendly as Diomande debuts
-
Odegaard says Arsenal 'want to win everything' after Community Shield success
-
Calls for UK inquiry into 'hounding' of ex-Cambridge academic
PSG coach Luis Enrique calls on team to raise their game in Champions League last 16
Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Enrique admitted that his side still had considerable room for improvement after they edged past Monaco in the Champions League on Wednesday to set up a last-16 showdown against Barcelona or Chelsea.
"We had the toughest draw in the league phase, and we are used to playing games like these against anyone," the Spaniard said after Wednesday's 2-2 draw in the all-French knockout phase play-off tie that allowed PSG to squeeze through 5-4 on aggregate.
PSG led 3-2 from last week's first leg but Maghnes Akliouche gave Monaco the advantage on the night at the Parc des Princes to level the scores on aggregate.
The sending-off of Monaco's Mamadou Coulibaly early in the second half paved the way for PSG to equalise through Marquinhos and then go 2-1 up in the second leg through Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
But with a man fewer, the principality team still scored again through Jordan Teze and Wout Faes missed a glorious chance to force extra time.
"Of course we can and want to improve, but there is also always an opponent and we knew how difficult it would be," said Luis Enrique.
"The next one will be easier, no? Chelsea or Barca -- not bad. But if any team is ready, it is us."
PSG lead Ligue 1 and remain in the running to retain the Champions League title they won for the first time last season.
They have also won the UEFA Super Cup, the FIFA Intercontinental Cup and the French Champions Trophy in this campaign -- all on penalties.
There is a sense that the Qatar-owned club are a long way short of the form they showed in the second half of last season when they blew away their continental rivals on the way to thrashing Inter Milan 5-0 in the Champions League final in Munich.
"We knew how difficult it would be and we were not surprised by Monaco," Luis Enrique added.
"We showed our resilience and our ability to overcome problems, but this competition is difficult. It is important to improve and that is what we will try to do."
- 'Win every competition' -
He will also hope to get last year's Ballon d'Or winner Ousmane Dembele back fully fit -- the 28-year-old scored 35 goals last season but has just 11 this season and has started only 14 games out of 38.
PSG will find out on Friday their path to this season's final in Budapest, beyond the identity of their opponents in next month's last 16.
They beat Barcelona 2-1 away during the league phase in October and have faced the Catalans in five knockout ties since 2013.
Paris also played Chelsea in knockout ties in three straight seasons from 2014 to 2016 and lost to the Blues 3-0 in last year's Club World Cup final.
Asked how his team can get back to the levels of last year, Luis Enrique said: "Just keep doing the same things.
"We are ready to play any opponents in any competition. We have had a lot of injuries, but that is not an excuse.
"There are still more or less three months of the season to go and we have the same mentality. The objective is to win every competition."
Meanwhile, Monaco are left to focus on trying to qualify for Europe again next season after being knocked out in the Champions League play-offs for the second year running.
"We could have done more in this campaign but it has still been satisfying," said Monaco coach Sebastien Pocognoli, whose side are eighth in Ligue 1.
"Let's hope this experience helps us progress more quickly in the future."
P.Anderson--BTB