- Israeli assault on Rafah would flout international court: UN rights chief
- Van Gogh Museum showcases kindred Canadian-Chinese artist Wong
- Actor Godreche denounces sexual violence in landmark French parliament hearing
- Ninety One UK Ltd - Form 8 (OPD) - Direct Line Insurance Group Plc
- Liverpool announce £9 mn loss for 2022/23 season
- Volt Joins Linebreak to Help Companies Maximize Edge Data Value
- Ailing Eiffel Tower dragged into power play for Paris city hall
- Norges Bank - Form 8.3 - Direct Line Insurance Group plc
- Leverkusen 'calm and optimistic' Alonso will stay
- MAG WELCOMES MAIN CONTRACTORS TO BID FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KETURAH RESERVE
- Putin warns West of nuclear war risk
- Heavy security in Chad capital after attack on intelligence HQ
- EU consumers challenge Meta paid service as privacy 'smokescreen'
- Healthy Innovation Conference explores the future of the sustainable food industry
- Lesaffre inaugurates a yeast plant in Indonesia, strengthening its presence in Asia Pacific
- World No1 Vu lies stroke behind surprise Singapore LPGA leader
- atNorth Announce Camilla O'Leary as Sales Director for Denmark and the DACH region as Expansion Strategy Continues
- SlotsCalendar Unveils Exciting Transformation into a Social Casino - Play, Compete, and Win!
- YOFC Unveils Cutting-edge Innovations at 2024 MWC Barcelona
- Baseball superstar Ohtani reveals he is 'now married'
- Vantage Markets Clinches Coveted Global "Best CFD Broker" Award for 2024
- Vantage UK receives "Best CFD Broker, Global" Award for 2024
- Paddle bolsters leadership team with new CPO, CFO and VP of People ahead of the next stage of global expansion
- HIKMICRO Unveils its 'Explore Daytime Hunting in a New Way' Vision at IWA 2024
- ATFX appoints FX pioneer Drew Niv as Chief Strategy Officer
- Neweast and Isuzu Launch Groundbreaking Partnership in KSA
- China's thriving outbound tourism contributes to global economic recovery
- Happiest Minds partners with Secureworks to deliver next-gen XDR Services
- Appian Partners with Symphony to Enable Compliant Financial Communications and Process Automation
- Bionical Solutions Appoints Chief Technology Officer to Create Innovative Data Products and Software for the Digital Business
- Baseball superstar Shohei Ohtani reveals he is 'now married'
- AliExpress Marks Choice Anniversary with Deals and New Ambassadors
- BioInnovation Institute welcomes twelve new companies to its Venture Lab program
- Zendure Unveils an All-in-One Energy Solution AIO 2400 for a Sustainable Future
- WISCO, China Unicom and ZTE recognized as "Best Mobile Innovation for Connected Economy" at the GLOMO Awards 2024
- CloudRAN.AI Launches at MWC 2024, Revolutionizing Private 5G for Industrial Transformation
- Mast Energy Developments PLC share price soars 35% after securing a funding agreement with RiverFort Global Opportunities PCC Limited for a facility o...
- Asia's richest man launches lavish pre-wedding party in India
- Zuckerberg, S. Korea's President Yoon talk AI cooperation
- Asian markets rise ahead of US inflation data
- Swiss to vote on retirement age, pensions
- Aptoide enables Mir Card payments for Russian users
- ANICAV advocate the importance of legumes in the Australian diet as the days get colder
- Rare Disease Day 2024 - Call for greater awareness of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy and cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy - special film launched
- Karelian Diamond Resources Plc - Half-yearly results for the six months ended 30 November 2023
- Mid Wynd International Investment Trust Plc - Half-year Report
- Sygnum Bank, Hamilton Lane and Apex Group Expand Access to Private Markets via DLT-Registered Shares in USD 3.8bn Fund
- Conroy Gold & Natural Resources Plc - Half-yearly results for the six months ended 30 November 2023
- KR1 Plc - Unaudited Net Asset Value Update (January 2024)
- Tetragon Financial Group Limited January 2024 Monthly Factsheet
Ivanka Trump to testify to Capitol assault probe: US media
Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka will testify Tuesday before the probe into the 2021 Capitol assault, US media reported, as lawmakers ramp up attempts to seek evidence from the inner circle of the former president.
The House January 6 select committee had asked the 40-year-old businesswoman -- a senior advisor to her father -- to appear voluntarily, telling her it had evidence that she had pleaded with him to call off the violence as his supporters stormed Congress.
"Testimony obtained by the committee indicates that members of the White House staff requested your assistance on multiple occasions to intervene in an attempt to persuade President Trump to address the ongoing lawlessness," chairman Bennie Thompson wrote to her in January.
Investigators are looking into how the attack, which shut down Congress as lawmakers were certifying the 2020 presidential election, took place and to what extent then-president Trump and his aides had a part in encouraging it.
The committee has already spoken to around 800 witnesses -- including Ivanka Trump's husband Jared Kushner -- and has been working its way through 90,000 documents and more than 435 phone tip-offs.
The committee didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on the former first daughter's appearance, first reported by NBC, ABC and Politico.
She appears to have direct knowledge of her father's attempt to persuade then-vice president Mike Pence to stop the counting of electoral votes, the committee said when it asked her to come forward.
"As January 6 approached, President Trump attempted on multiple occasions to persuade vice president Pence to participate in his plan," Thompson wrote.
"One of the president's discussions with the vice president occurred by phone on the morning of January 6. You were present in the Oval Office and observed at least one side of that telephone conversation."
- 'Burner' phones -
The eldest of the former president's two daughters, who served as director of the White House Office of Economic Initiatives and Entrepreneurship, wasn't immediately available for comment.
The White House said last week it would reject any assertion of "executive privilege" -- which allows presidents to keep certain work-related conversations with aides private -- from Ivanka Trump.
It was not immediately clear if she would testify in-person but Kushner, also a top former White House aide, answered questions for six hours via video link last week.
The couple's cooperation comes during an intense period of revelations from the committee, which is approaching the end of its investigative phase ahead of public hearings planned for May.
It was revealed last month that right-wing activist Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, sent more than 20 texts pushing wild conspiracy theories and urging then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to help overturn the 2020 election.
It also emerged that White House logs given to investigators from the day of the insurrection show a gap of nearly eight hours in the record of Trump's calls, including the period covering the violence.
The committee is investigating whether it has the full record and if Trump communicated that day through phones of aides or personal disposable "burner" phones.
A federal judge last week that Trump "more likely than not" engaged in criminal conduct with his efforts to overturn the results of the election.