-
Drovix Launches In-House Multi-Asset Liquidity and Execution Stack for Sub-Millisecond Fills, Tighter Spreads
-
Australia charges man with trying to pass Ukraine military intel to Russia
-
'So bad it's good': rough animated film becomes surprise Chinese hit
-
Ex-Pakistan PM Khan taken back to jail after hospital checks: govt
-
'I'll adapt': First pregnant candidate navigates French presidential race
-
China, Indonesia hold talks on security, defence
-
Hong Kong convicts Tiananmen vigil activists of inciting subversion
-
Train to nowhere? South Korea's lonely push for peace with the North
-
The Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists convicted in national security trial
-
Australia's Hussey mulls role with England for Ashes series
-
Eel-powered Japan whizz-kid, 11, chases Asian Games history
-
Indian captain 'scapegoat' in Britain's Russia shadow fleet case, wife says
-
Asian markets extend rally as traders assess US Treasuries pledge
-
Rosenior seeks to match Paris FC's capital ambition as Ligue 1 returns
-
Barcelona enter new era as Flick targets La Liga hat-trick
-
Inter set for Serie A title defence as Milan get Amorim reboot
-
Pogacar favourite for Vuelta with Grand Tour treble in sight
-
'Greatest' Springboks face All Blacks in clash of juggernauts
-
Bangladesh coach Simmons wary of Australia backlash in second Test
-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
What next for Salah and Liverpool after explosive outburst?
Mohamed Salah plunged his future at Liverpool into serious doubt after claiming he had been made the fall guy for the Premier League champions' disastrous form this season.
In an explosive outburst, Salah spoke to reporters after being left on the bench for Saturday's 3-3 draw at Leeds, dropping a bombshell accusation that his relationship with Reds manager Arne Slot is broken.
It was the third consecutive game the Egyptian had been axed by Slot, who is struggling for solutions to a run of four wins in 15 games in all competitions for troubled Liverpool.
AFP Sport looks at how the breakdown between the Egypt star and his manager developed and what comes next for both Salah and Liverpool:
An undoubted Liverpool legend, only two players have scored more than Salah's 250 goals for the 20-time English champions.
Salah, who arrived at Anfield from Roma in 2017, was fundamental to two Premier League title triumphs, ending a 30-year wait to become champions in 2020, and winning the Champions League in 2019.
In April, as he played a starring role and led Liverpool to the title in Slot's debut year last season, Salah was rewarded with a lucrative new two-year contract.
Salah has struggled to match those heights this season, scoring just five times in 19 appearances.
The 33-year-old, who was dropped for Champions League fixtures against Galatasaray and Eintracht Frankfurt, started all of Liverpool's first 12 league games, but Slot's patience ran out after a 3-0 home defeat to Nottingham Forest.
Liverpool spent £300 million ($400 million) on forwards Florian Wirtz, Hugo Ekitike and Alexander Isak in the summer transfer window.
Despite slow starts for Wirtz and Isak, they appear the future for the Reds and Slot has prioritised trying to get them up to speed over the past week.
"I'm sitting on the bench and I don't know why. It seems like the club has thrown me under the bus. That's how I am feeling. I think it is very clear that someone wanted me to get all of the blame," Salah said.
"I said many times before that I had a good relationship with the manager and all of a sudden, we don't have any relationship. I don't know why, but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club."
Liverpool were already planning for life without Salah in the short-term as he departs for the Africa Cup of Nations after this week's matches away to Inter Milan in the Champions League and at home to Brighton.
Salah hinted the Brighton game could be his last at Anfield, if selected, and that he had instructed his family to fly in to witness it.
"I will be in Anfield to say goodbye to the fans and go to Africa Cup of Nations," he added. "I don't know what is going to happen when I am there."
A move to the Saudi Pro League has long been rumoured as Salah's next destination.
An icon in the Arab world, his signing would represent another coup for the Gulf state.
The riches of clubs backed by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund means they are one of the few options that can match or even improve Salah's current salary as one of the Premier League's highest-paid players.
Liverpool would also welcome the chance to bank a significant transfer fee after their huge summer outlay.
Slot's credit among the Liverpool support for an amazing first season in charge was already diminishing after a run of just two wins in 10 league games.
His job is not in immediate danger, but the Liverpool hierarchy may be forced to act later in the season if their place in next season's Champions League is at risk.
Despite a dreadful start, Liverpool, who sit eighth in the table, are only two points outside the top four.
Salah has now ramped up even more pressure on Slot as many fans will take the side of the player hailed on the Kop as the "Egyptian King."
L.Janezki--BTB