-
'I'll adapt': First pregnant candidate navigates French presidential race
-
China, Indonesia hold talks on security, defence
-
Hong Kong convicts Tiananmen vigil activists of inciting subversion
-
Train to nowhere? South Korea's lonely push for peace with the North
-
The Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists convicted in national security trial
-
Australia's Hussey mulls role with England for Ashes series
-
Eel-powered Japan whizz-kid, 11, chases Asian Games history
-
Indian captain 'scapegoat' in Britain's Russia shadow fleet case, wife says
-
Asian markets extend rally as traders assess US Treasuries pledge
-
Rosenior seeks to match Paris FC's capital ambition as Ligue 1 returns
-
Barcelona enter new era as Flick targets La Liga hat-trick
-
Inter set for Serie A title defence as Milan get Amorim reboot
-
Pogacar favourite for Vuelta with Grand Tour treble in sight
-
'Greatest' Springboks face All Blacks in clash of juggernauts
-
Bangladesh coach Simmons wary of Australia backlash in second Test
-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
Slot has 'no clue' whether rebel star Salah has played last Liverpool game
Arne Slot admitted Monday that he didn't know whether Mohamed Salah will play again for Liverpool after the Egypt star was dropped for the Reds' Champions League clash with Inter Milan.
Salah was left in England for Tuesday night's fixture at the San Siro following extraordinary criticism of Liverpool boss Slot which came after he was left on the bench for the third consecutive game in a 3-3 draw against Leeds.
The 33-year-old said he felt like he had been "thrown under the bus" by the club and no longer had a relationship with Slot, sparking reports that Salah could be on his way out in January despite signing a new contract in April.
Asked whether Salah, who has scored 250 times for Liverpool since signing from Roma in 2017, had played his last game for the Reds, Slot said: "I have no clue."
"I cannot answer that question at this moment in time," added Slot.
"He has every right to feel what he feels, but he doesn't have the right to share it with the media."
Salah, who was not even used as a substitute at Elland Road, made his explosive comments in the midst of a dismal season for both him and Liverpool.
Liverpool have won just four times in 15 matches in all competitions and sit 13th in the Champions League with nine points after being thumped 4-1 at home by PSV Eindhoven in their most recent European outing.
Salah has scored 250 times for Liverpool since signing from Roma in 2017 and played a key role in Liverpool's two Premier League titles and one Champions League triumph during his iconic spell on Merseyside.
- Shadow of his former self -
But he has been a shadow of his former self during Liverpool's struggles this season -- the Premier League champions ar ninth in the table -- with just four goals in 13 top-flight appearances.
"I don't know why but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club... I think it is very clear that someone wanted me to get all of the blame," Salah cryptically told reporters at the weekend in response.
Salah has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League over the last two years.
After next weekend's home match against Brighton in the Premier League, Salah is set to depart for the Africa Cup of Nations.
He was dropped from the starting line-up for Champions League games against Galatasaray and Eintracht Frankfurt earlier this season in the first indication that Slot was growing frustrated with his poor form and lack of defensive effort.
Salah's last Liverpool start was against PSV on November 26, while he is without a goal since netting against Aston Villa at the start of November.
His outburst risked undermining Slot's authority at a time when he is trying to drag the team out of a slump which has seen them win just four of the last 15 matches.
Salah's absence also adds to Slot's problems on the pitch as Cody Gakpo, Federico Chiesa and Wataru Endo have also not travelled due to fitness issues.
As a result, Slot was only able to take a reduced 19-man squad on the flight to Milan.
Marcus Thuram said that he anticipated a fightback from Liverpool against his Inter side, who are fourth in the Champions League table with 12 points from five matches.
"Everyone might think this is the perfect time to face Liverpool but maybe not," the France striker warned.
"We're going to face a great team with great players. It's up to us to continue doing what we've been doing lately and even do better."
O.Lorenz--BTB