-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
-
US warns allies, China to back economic war on Iran
-
Pakistan hit back against England after Cox and Root fifties
-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
-
Milky Way's fastest star discovered spinning around black hole
-
Newly-crowned European champ Werro turns focus on 800m record
-
Kanye West planned concerts trigger frenzy in Russia
-
Hamilton 'fittest ever' as he chases eighth F1 title
-
Hungary music festival basks in post-Orban freedom
-
Stocks retreat as bond yield fears persist, oil rises
-
Vatican says 'serious concerns' over Israel-Lebanon deal implementation
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Arteta confirms Arsenal want to sign defender after Konsa link
McCullum admits England have been 'nowhere near' their best
Defiant England coach Brendon McCullum brushed off concerns Sunday that his job was on the line heading into the third Test against Australia, while admitting the team have been "nowhere near" their best.
The tourists were crushed in the first two Ashes Tests in Perth and Brisbane by eight wickets and only a win at Adelaide Oval this week will be enough to keep the five-match series alive.
McCullum confirmed they would stick with the same top seven, keeping under-fire Ollie Pope at number three rather than bring in Jacob Bethell.
"Knee-jerk reactions and chopping and changing settled batting line-ups is not really our way," he said.
"We know we haven't got enough runs so far in the series. But for us to go on and win the series it's not about throwing out what's been successful for us over the past few years."
England's lack of fight and questionable preparations have drawn scrutiny, while McCullum's claim that they "trained too much" prior to Brisbane was met with disbelief by former greats.
A decision for the team to lounge on the beach in tourist playground Noosa this week before heading to Adelaide was also panned.
But McCullum was unfazed, dismissing talk that his job could be threatened by another defeat.
"I don't know, but it doesn't really bother me, to be honest," he said.
"I mean professional sport, it's not easy, right? You do the job to the best of your ability. You have conviction in what you're doing, and whatever happens, happens."
McCullum admitted England must improve to keep the series alive, but suggested they would not change their gung-ho approach.
"We knew when we came here that we had to win three Tests to win the series, and the fact we're 2-0 down has made it harder on ourselves, but it doesn't stop the belief that you have within the dressing room," he said.
"I don't think we've been anywhere near our best so far in these last two Tests ... but what's been has been. Now, it's focusing on the one that's coming.
"I firmly believe that if we play our best cricket, we're a massive chance in this Test match. We do that, and the narrative changes in the series," he added.
McCullum defended the decision to take a beach break rather than train after two heavy defeats.
"Noosa for us was excellent. It was planned, obviously a year ago," he said, adding that it was about spending "time away from the heat of the battle".
"And I think now the freshness which we come into this Test match with will hopefully pay off.
"There's no guarantees, but that's the plan, and I think the boys are excited to get back to training and look forward to the next few days."
J.Horn--BTB