-
Israel army admits firing on car in death of five-year-old Hind Rajab
-
McIlroy questions LIV stars 'value' as talk of PGA return builds
-
Honduras places 80% of country on El Nino drought alert
-
'Breakthrough' mRNA cancer drug curbs melanoma in large trial
-
Some of Meta's safety tools were 'designed to fail': witness
-
Many US Fed policymakers back interest rate hikes if inflation stays high
-
PSG Ligue 1 opener moved over state of Parc des Princes pitch
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan collapse in England opener
-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
Bublik powers into top 10 ahead of Australian Open after Hong Kong win
Alexander Bublik won the Hong Kong Open in straight sets on Sunday, a victory that will propel the Kazakhstan player into the world's top 10 for the first time, just days before the Australian Open.
Bublik overpowered the world number seven Lorenzo Musetti from Italy 7-6 (7/2), 6-3 to start his season in style.
The 28-year-old carried on his momentum from a breakthrough 2025, where he won four titles to reach a career-high 11th in the rankings.
"I have no words," said Bublik after winning in 98 minutes for his fifth ATP Tour title since June.
"I mean, the only goal for this season was towards the top 10 and the first week I am winning the title."
Bublik lost in the first round at the Australian Open a year ago and had slumped from 37th to 82nd in the rankings a couple of months later.
This year's opening Grand Slam begins at Melbourne Park next Sunday.
"I mean, top 10, if you told me that last April, I would never have believed you," said Bublik.
"But for me, standing here is a big pleasure and I hope to continue the same way."
Bublik lifted trophies in Halle, Gstaad, Kitzbuhel and Hangzhou in the second half of 2025 and dropped just one set in Hong Kong
Musetti continued an unwanted run as he lost his seventh ATP final in a row going back to his last win, at Naples in 2022.
Despite his defeat, Musetti will climb above Alex de Minaur and Felix Auger-Aliassime into the top five in the rankings for the first time on Monday.
He will be the third Italian to achieve the feat after Jannik Sinner and Adriano Panatta.
L.Janezki--BTB