-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
All Blacks fire coach Robertson less than two years before World Cup
New Zealand fired coach Scott Robertson on Thursday, less than two years before the World Cup, after a scathing 2025 performance review and rumours of a player revolt.
The 51-year-old led the team to 20 wins in 27 matches, below powerhouse New Zealand's expectations, while showing little improvement during his two years in charge.
New Zealand Rugby's internal review of performance found strong criticism from senior All Blacks, including a suggestion that star player Ardie Savea could walk out.
New Zealand Rugby chair David Kirk said it was the right time to make a change, with the 2027 Rugby World Cup the "key goal".
"The mid-point in the Rugby World Cup cycle is the right time to look at the All Blacks' progress over the first two seasons," Kirk said.
"We've taken an extensive look at the team's progress on and off the field and have subsequently had discussions with Scott on the way forward.
"Both NZR and Scott agree it is in the best interests of the team that he depart his role as head coach.
"On behalf of New Zealand Rugby I would like to thank Scott for his contribution to the All Blacks.
"As always, he has continued to put the All Blacks first and we respect that he has done the hard but right thing in agreeing to depart."
Robertson took over as coach in January 2024 with a contract through to the end of the 2027 World Cup in Australia.
His appointment was greeted with much fanfare after he led the Canterbury Crusaders to seven consecutive Super Rugby titles to 2023 with a reputation as a forward-thinking leader who had strong support from his players.
He endeared himself to fans with his winning record and his habit of break dancing on the pitch after his team's title wins.
But under his leadership, the All Blacks have been in a spin.
Robertson lost two of his assistant coaches in his first two years, with Leon MacDonald and Jason Holland quitting, citing differences with their head coach.
Robertson claimed last year that his authority had been undermined, telling the New Zealand Herald that his assistant, Scott Hansen, "effectively operates in the role most would recognise as the head coach".
But Chris Lendrum, New Zealand Rugby's professional rugby and performance general manager, said the comments were taken "out of context".
Otago Highlanders coach Jamie Joseph, the former Japan coach, or former Australia coach Dave Rennie could be potential successors to oversee a packed Test calendar in 2026 in the run-up to the World Cup.
The All Blacks travel to South Africa for an eight-match tour in August and September, playing the Springboks four times.
They also host France, Italy and Ireland in the Nations Cup in July, then play Australia home and away in the Bledisloe Cup before travelling to Europe in November for more Nations Cup matches.
J.Fankhauser--BTB