-
Whales spark joy in New York but face threats from boat traffic
-
Lights out, crowds gone: Havana waits for what comes next
-
Premier League's new bosses brace for battle
-
How families in Milei's Argentina sank deep into debt
-
Zambia's Hichilema: 'cattle boy' and two-time president
-
Zambia's Hichilema wins re-election with 60% of vote
-
Elderly far more at risk from rising heat than thought: study
-
Jeanie Buss to fight siblings over sale of 17.8% stake in Lakers: reports
-
Brazil's Lula hails new oil find as 'passport to the future'
-
Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states' merger lawsuit
-
Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win
-
Latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought
-
NBA has no evidence of Clippers salary cap cheating: report
-
Colombian minister under fire over beach holiday post-quake
-
Boehly and Walter consider selling Chelsea stake to Clearlake Capital
-
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
-
OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia
-
Buss family sells 17.8% stake in Lakers to Iger group
-
US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices
-
Mangione state murder trial postponed after federal guilty plea
-
LIV Golf cancels Michigan event, to decide team title at Indy
-
Trump envoy says Hamas disarmament could begin within 30 days
-
Rodri arrives at Barcelona to complete 'dream' move
-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
Italian biathlete Passler cleared to compete at Olympics despite positive test
Italian biathlete Rebecca Passler has been cleared to compete in the Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics after a successful appeal to the Italian Anti-Doping Agency (NADO) following a failed drugs test last month.
The Italian Winter Sports Federation (FISI) announced Friday that NADO had accepted the athlete's claim of "unintentional" ingestion or contamination involving letrozole, a prohibited substance.
The 24-year-old has been provisionally suspended since February 2 after her sample showed the presence of the drug, used to treat breast cancer, NADO said.
According to media reports, Passler said she tested positive after eating a chocolate spread with a spoon previously used by her mother, who is being treated for cancer.
"She will rejoin her teammates on the Italian team starting Monday February 16," FISI said in a statement, adding that it "welcomes the outcome of this appeal".
Passler said in the statement: "The last few days have been very difficult. I always believed in my good faith. Now I can finally concentrate 100 percent on biathlon."
The prohibited substance was detected in an out-of-competition test on January 26, which fell outside the official Games testing window.
Passler, the niece of Johann Passler, a bronze medallist at the 1988 Calgary Games, currently stands 33rd in the overall World Cup standings.
Olympic biathlon events are taking place in her home town of Anterselva.
Passler has already missed the individual event and will miss the sprint race this weekend.
She could still theoretically participate in the women's relay on February 18, but not in the mass start three days later as she does not meet the qualification criteria.
"She will train with the team on Monday and Tuesday, and we will make a decision on whether or not she will participate in the relay," said Italian team director Klaus Hollrigl.
"We will try to understand how she is physically and mentally."
He added: "What happened is easily explained. The concentration (of the banned substance) is very, very low, but how it got into the bloodstream is not for me to explain."
C.Kovalenko--BTB