-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
-
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
-
Sabalenka squeezes out win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Is this cave in Turkey where Homer wrote 'The Odyssey'?
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea hours before start
-
Winning back walls from gangs, artists fill El Salvador's towns with color
-
Jason Arday: UK academic who died amid plagiarism storm
-
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
Alcaraz fights back to book last four berth in Qatar, Sinner stunned
Carlos Alcaraz came from behind to beat Karen Khachanov on Thursday and book his spot in the semi-finals of the Qatar Open but it was the end of the road for Jannik Sinner as he lost in three sets to Jakub Mensik.
Playing his first tournament since completing his career Grand Slam at the Australian Open earlier in February, Alcaraz will next face Andrey Rublev for a spot in the final in Doha.
"It was a really close and tight match," Alcaraz said after his 6-7 (3/7), 6-4, 6-3 quarter-final win.
"I think Karen was playing great, but I knew I'd had my chances. I just didn't take them in the first set, so it was the time to keep going and try to keep fighting.
"I'm just really proud about the way that I (fought)."
The first set rumbled towards a tie-break as neither Alcaraz nor Khachanov was able to force a breakthrough on the other's serve.
Khachanov then raced into a 6-1 lead in the breaker before finally converting set-point at the third time of asking.
But seven-time Grand Slam winner Alcaraz forced his way back into the tie by breaking Khachanov to 15 in the fifth game of the second frame.
Alcaraz repeated the trick by pouncing on the Russian's serve at 2-2 to get his nose ahead in the third set.
The world number one then broke the seventh seed in the ninth game to seal his spot in the last four in style.
There he will meet fifth seed Rublev after the Russian won his quarter-final encounter with former world number three Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-3, 7-6 (7/2).
World number two Sinner went down 7-6 (7/3), 2-6, 6-3 to sixth seed Mensik as the Italian's comeback from Australian Open semi-final defeat came to an early end.
"Before the match I knew about Jannik's quality. A great guy, a great champion. Already what he has done in his young career, it's pretty impressive," 20-year-old Mensik said.
"But even with that thought, I came to the match to win it, and actually having a winning mindset."
Mensik will play Arthur Fils in the semi-finals, following the Frenchman's straight-sets victory over Jiri Lehecka.
W.Lapointe--BTB