-
WADA pledges vigilance on Russian athletes ahead of 2028 Olympics
-
Lee, Baena guide Atletico to opening Liga win over Malaga
-
NASA satellite rescue mission fails
-
Ecuador intel chief, five Americans killed in Kenya helicopter crash
-
Cobolli halts Jodar to reach Cincinnati quarter-finals
-
Robinson and Tongue share match ball after dismissing Pakistan
-
As election looms, Netanyahu puts Turkey in Israel's crosshairs
-
Israel army admits firing on car in death of five-year-old Hind Rajab
-
McIlroy questions LIV stars 'value' as talk of PGA return builds
-
Honduras places 80% of country on El Nino drought alert
-
'Breakthrough' mRNA cancer drug curbs melanoma in large trial
-
Some of Meta's safety tools were 'designed to fail': witness
-
Many US Fed policymakers back interest rate hikes if inflation stays high
-
PSG Ligue 1 opener moved over state of Parc des Princes pitch
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan collapse in England opener
-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
'Would be fun': Alcaraz, Sinner tease prospect of teaming up in doubles
Carlos Alcaraz and Jannik Sinner teased Friday the prospect of teaming up for doubles as the world's top two prepare to open their seasons with a lucrative exhibition match in South Korea, a week before the Australian Open.
The pair dominated men's tennis in 2025 and contested all four Grand Slam finals between them, with Spain's Alcaraz winning the French and US Opens and Italy's Sinner triumphing at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
Speaking on the eve of their match in Incheon, the friends and rivals floated the idea of pairing up as a formidable team.
"I think it would be fun at least one time to share the court in different ways, on the same side," said Sinner, the world number two behind top-ranked Alcaraz.
"Of course the schedule, and we are so focused on singles that it's very difficult because if then you go deep in singles and then you have to play doubles, you don't have the right recovery.
"But for one tournament I think it's great to do it, and we're going to talk about it maybe this year at a certain time where we feel like, or next year."
Alcaraz was also receptive to the idea, saying it had crossed his mind "once or twice".
"At least once would be fun," he said.
"I think I'm playing forehand and he's playing backhand."
Alcaraz and Sinner will be on opposite sides of the court when they square off again on Saturday, when they will play their only warm-up before the Australian Open starts on January 18.
The 22-year-old Alcaraz has been critical of tennis's packed schedule and pulled out of the Shanghai Masters in September because of "physical issues".
He said playing in South Korea was "a great way to get ready" for Melbourne, where he is looking to go beyond the quarter-finals for the first time.
"I think coming here for two, three days, keep preparing, keep getting yourself ready for the new season, I think it was a great idea," he said.
"I'm just really happy that I'm able to do this event, this match with Jannik."
Their rivalry has drawn comparisons with the "Big Three" of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, who ruled tennis for the early part of this century.
Sinner said he and Alcaraz "want to make our own story".
"We need to see how long we can keep up this level," said the 24-year-old, who won six titles last year despite missing three months over a doping ban.
"What the big three has done, we cannot compare ourselves with them, and we also don't want to.
"We are just ourselves and we want to make our own story."
F.Pavlenko--BTB