-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
-
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
Habib Beye appointed coach of Marseille
Marseille have appointed their former captain Habib Beye as coach, the club announced on Wednesday, just over a week after he was sacked by their Ligue 1 rivals Rennes.
Beye, 48, succeeds Roberto De Zerbi after the Italian left the 1993 Champions League winners early last week in the wake of a 5-0 hammering by bitter rivals Paris Saint-Germain.
He takes over a team which lies fourth in France's Ligue 1 with 12 games of the season remaining, five points adrift of Lyon in third and 12 behind leaders Lens.
The top three qualify automatically for next season's Champions League, with fourth entering in the third qualifying round.
Beye will be officially unveiled on Thursday before his first game in charge on Friday, away to Brest.
Marseille, who were knocked out of this season's Champions League on the final day of the league phase last month, are also through to the quarter-finals of the French Cup.
Former Senegal international full-back Beye had been in charge of Rennes for just over a year having previously been coach of lower-league side Red Star and worked as a prominent pundit on French television.
He played for Marseille from 2003 to 2007, notably featuring alongside Didier Drogba in the team that lost the 2004 UEFA Cup final to Valencia.
Beye, who also played for Strasbourg, finished his career in England, turning out for Newcastle United and Aston Villa as well as Doncaster Rovers in the second tier.
"His deep attachment to Olympique de Marseille and his intimate knowledge of the environment in Marseille can be major assets in taking the club to the next step," said a statement released by OM, who did not reveal the length of Beye's contract.
The announcement of Beye's arrival in Marseille came hours after his severance deal with Rennes was finalised and they appointed his successor in the shape of Franck Haise.
Frenchman Haise signed a contract until 2027 after Beye was dismissed with the Breton outfit sitting in sixth place in Ligue 1.
Haise, 54, guided Lens to the Champions League group stage in 2023/24 after the club finished runners-up in Ligue 1 the previous season.
He joined Nice in June 2024 but left in December after just five wins from 16 league games. Haise returns to Brittany after a six-year stint as a coach in the Rennes academy from 2006-12.
"It's a joy to return to Rennes, a true pleasure, with my staff, to join such a great club," Haise said in a statement.
N.Fournier--BTB