-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
-
US warns allies, China to back economic war on Iran
-
Pakistan hit back against England after Cox and Root fifties
-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
Liverpool's Slot says 'no issue to resolve' with Salah after outburst
Arne Slot said there was "no issue to resolve" after bringing Mohamed Salah on as a substitute in Liverpool's 2-0 win against Brighton on Saturday -- a week after the forward's explosive comments about the club.
Hugo Ekitike scored at Anfield after 46 seconds and Salah, introduced in the 26th minute, set up the Frenchman for a second goal with half an hour to go.
Salah accused Liverpool of throwing him "under the bus" after he was left on the bench for last week's 3-3 draw at Leeds -- the third match in a row that he did not start.
He also said that he had no relationship with Liverpool manager Slot when he spoke to reporters after the match at Elland Road.
He was omitted from the midweek Champions League trip to Inter Milan, which Liverpool won 1-0, and he was the subject of intense scrutiny in the build-up to Saturday's game at Anfield.
Slot said at Friday's pre-match press conference that he would speak to the forward later in the day, adding: "I have no reasons (for) not wanting him to stay."
Speaking after the win against Brighton, Slot said that there was "no issue to resolve" with Salah, whose corner was headed home by Ekitike in the 60th minute.
"For me he's now the same as any other player," he said. "You talk to your players if you're happy or unhappy with things, but there's nothing for me to talk about after what happened against Leeds, after the game."
Slot confirmed that Salah was left out of the squad for the fixture in Italy due to his interview.
"Every manager makes different decisions... but he wasn't involved in the game against (Inter) Milan and I spoke to him yesterday," he said.
- Actions louder than words -
"I think, as I usually never say anything about (what) we talk about, I'm not going to make an exception now, but I think actions speak louder than what has been said.
"He was in the squad again and when I had to make my first substitutions, I brought him in. And he performed as I think every fan, including me, would like him to perform today."
Salah, 33, who signed a new two-year contract at Liverpool in April, will now depart for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
The length of his absence depends on how far Egypt go in the competition in Morocco, with the final on January 18.
The forward, who has been linked with a move to the wealthy Saudi Pro League, had invited his family to the Brighton game as speculation swirled over his future.
Slot laughed off a question about whether the match could have been Salah's last for the club.
"He wasn't the only player who walked around the pitch thanking the fans, because the fans deserved a thank you from us," he said.
The Dutchman added: "Mo is going to go to the AFCON now, I hope he's going to do very well, and in the meantime we have to play here without him, with not that many players available at the moment."
R.Adler--BTB