-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
-
Italian scientists bet on octopus to fight crab invasion
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
New 'Insidious' reflects anxiety of being a new parent: director
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Climate change main driver of European ocean warming: study
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
Gauff finds a way into the Cincinnati fourth round
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77
-
UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
-
Bayern's Musiala reveals 'neurological disorder' after on-field collapse
-
Ecuadoran diplomat enters race to be next UN chief
-
Angelique Kidjo immortalised on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
US sanctions ICC chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
France to expel two Iranian diplomats: foreign minister
-
US moves to open vast tracts of pristine forests to logging
-
Spain's Granada closes iconic Alhambra as new quake hits
-
US sanctions International Criminal Court chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
Venus, Stephens, Monfils named among US Open wild cards
-
Meta hooked children and misled public: prosecutors
-
Rodri joins La Liga champions Barcelona from Manchester City
-
France's first women's rights minister Yvette Roudy dies, aged 97
-
Disney, ABC sue US regulator over threat to broadcast licenses
-
French producer Nicolas Altmayer, Dior PR chief Favier die in car crash
-
Trump, Carney hold talks as new US tariffs on Canada loom
-
Bezos consortium bought nearly 40 percent of Liverpool: report
-
Germany opens new drone research centre as security threats mount
-
Trump says no Iran talks planned, claims Hormuz 'new US territory'
-
How only a few tree species drive Amazon forest recovery
-
Canada seeks to avert new US tariffs as deadline looms
-
Ivonne A-Baki enters race to be next UN chief
-
US primaries test Democrat comeback hopes in Trump stronghold
-
Ukraine says Russian strike kills 10 in northeast region
-
Scientists discover how narwhals grow nature's only straight tusk
-
Meta in court over child social media addiction
-
DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'far from being under control': WHO chief
-
Vieira appointed Senegal head coach after World Cup disappointment
-
Firefighters in 'decisive' push to encircle Belgian wildfire
-
F1's Albon re-signs with Williams for 2027
-
Tribal Partners with ServiceNow to Empower Enterprise Teams to Build and Deploy Apps & Agents
-
Borderless.xyz Deepens Africa Coverage as CrissCross Goes Live on Its Network
-
Fusion Markets Extends Negative Balance Protection to Clients Globally
-
Pakistan court orders ex-PM Khan moved from jail to hospital
-
India close on victory in first Test against Sri Lanka
-
'Lonely place': Black UK academics slam racism after Arday's death
Alcaraz rolls into maiden Melbourne semi-final and date with Zverev
Carlos Alcaraz swept into the Australian Open semi-finals for the first time on Tuesday and a clash with Alexander Zverev to take a step closer to tennis history.
The Spanish world number one silenced a partisan Melbourne crowd in brushing aside outclassed home hope Alex de Minaur 7-5, 6-2, 6-1 at Rod Laver Arena.
The 22-year-old Alcaraz is yet to drop a set as he arrows in on a maiden Australian Open crown.
"I'm just really happy how I'm playing every match, each round my level is increasing," he said, in a warning to his rivals.
"Today I felt really comfortable, playing great tennis that I am really proud of," added Alcaraz, who had never previously gone beyond the quarter-finals in Australia in four previous visits.
The Australian Open is the only Grand Slam that Alcaraz has not won.
Should he beat Zverev and then win Sunday's final, he would surpass compatriot and legend Rafael Nadal as the youngest man to win all four majors.
Nadal was 24 when he did it.
Top seed Alcaraz started like a train against the Australian sixth seed, who has reached the last eight of all the Grand Slams -- and still never gone further.
In a topsy-turvy opening set, the six-time major champion Alcaraz raced into a 3-0 lead, only for De Minaur to rattle off three games in a row for 3-3, to roars of approval.
A pumped-up Alcaraz stopped the rot and forged a 5-3 lead, but then squandered the chance to close out the set and was broken.
They were at 5-5 when Alcaraz ramped up the intensity to win the next two games and take the set, De Minaur left kicking himself for failing to take his chances.
The 26-year-old Australian paid the price, Alcaraz punishing him to seize the second set in 44 minutes.
He took that momentum into the third set and stepped it up another notch.
He grabbed a 3-0 lead in less than 20 minutes on his way to a ruthless win, sealing it with his fifth ace.
Earlier, German third seed Zverev sent down 24 aces in a 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 6-1, 7-6 (7/3) victory over Learner Tien of the United States to book his last-four spot.
"I have seen him throughout the whole tournament and I know he is playing great, aggressive tennis," Alcaraz said of Zverev.
"I have to be ready, not just me but my whole team as well.
"We need to play tactically really well, it's going to be a great battle."
On Wednesday, 10-time Melbourne champion Novak Djokovic faces Italy's fifth-seeded Lorenzo Musetti in the quarter-finals.
The winner will face either two-time defending champion Jannik Sinner or United States eighth seed Ben Shelton in the semi-finals.
B.Shevchenko--BTB